Nokia is about to enter phablet territory, As a report obtained by the guys at NokiaPowerUser suggest that it is about to happen soon and additionally there is also a low cost Lumia 920 in the works as well.
The guys over at NokiaPowerUser reported that Nokia is working on two new Lumia phablets. The first model will pack a camera similar to Lumia 925 and have a 5.5"to 6"-inch display. This phablet is expected to hit the market in September-October time frame.
The news gets better as Nokia is making another phablet which will see the light on Q1 2014. This model will have a bump in camera resolution and will have noticeable hump on the back(possibly PureView). The report suggests that this camera will have a 16 MP lens lytro style camera, Which allows you to focus after taking the picture.
Another interesting news in the report is that Nokia is working at a low cost version of their last year's popular flagship device the Lumia 920, which is expected to launch in September-October time frame along with their first phablet.
- It will be released along with Phablet in September-October, but not necessarily on the same date.
- Will sport 4.7 inch WXGA CBD AMOLED display.
- Will have 8 MP Carl–Zeiss optics camera with F/1.9 aperture for low-light imaging. No OIS though.
- Lumia 720 like design with minor tweaks and may have slimmer profile, Lightweight.
- May come with similar CPU/GPU combo as Lumia 920 and will be Nokia’s answer to low-cost iPhone.
- Will be priced very aggressively and will replace Lumia 82X range.
We are very much waiting to see what Nokia has in store for us, With its latest Nokia EOS smartphone around the corner and now this. Nokia won't quit so easily.